The land of witchcraft and caves allured me from it’s near
shores during my Dumaguete days. Only until a long weekend came along was I
finally able to trek to the mystical island. With three friends in tow, we
explored and did what the Philippines allow for best, relaxed on the beach. The
two days were spent riding bikes around the perimeter of the island on a bumpy
highway, stopping off at eateries, a fresh milk producer, and hidden beaches.
It was the first time my feet hit pedals since America and the scenery only
added to the exhileration. Quality time with three close friends was just what
I needed after a stressful month, and the location certainly did not hurt.
We
had great intentions of caving and witch hunting, which were not realized. Only
so much time (and money). Within what I refer to as the ‘four great’ (Cebu,
Bohol, Negros, Siquijor), I know I will return at least one more time to search
the inner mountains or be healed…of something. Another “Am I really in the
Peace Corps?” kind of weekend. Beautiful scenery, kind locals, good food, and
great friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment