2.11.2013

Moving On

It's been awhile, I know. Since I last wrote my batchmates completed their service and I made a trip back to the states. I haven't felt like writing as I experienced unexpected grieving from my support systems departing, a break-up, and cultural burnout. I've been able to accomplish more than I set out to do with my extension but I can't articulate this just yet without feeling it would be riddled with cynicism. The end is in sight and I will write when the time is right. 

I complete my service two months from today and next week marks 2 1/2 years in the Philippines. In these final days, I will take the advice of my predecessors and relish my time with Filipinos, take more photos, and focus on the positive attributes of the culture and Peace Corps life. 

This past weekend I was able to take a long weekend to a small island in my province for diving and R&R. My sitemate Amelia described our trip perfectly in her blog post: Malapascua Shark Diving.

More to come as I process and reflect on the end of my service. 

1 comment:

  1. where did you stay and did you get to see the threshers???? tell me all the detaills!!!!!eeehhhhk this made me miss cebu

    ReplyDelete